Built for 1.9 million euros to protect against the German troops, the castle fortress is sold for 443,000 euros.
The construction of the Haile Sand Fort, a sea fort located in the middle of the sea between Cleethorpes and Humberston off the coast of Lincolnshire, took 40,000 tons of concrete and steel. The majestic fortress was built between 1915 and 1918 in order to protect the east coast of the country.
For the construction of the fortress, the British authorities spent 1.9 million euros. Built for defense during the First World War, the fortress was also used to defend against fascist troops during the Second World War. In the fort were based 200 officers of the armed forces of Great Britain.
After the war, the fortress was used by the country's army until 1956. Until the 1960s, civilians were housed here.
As stated in the announcement of the real estate agency, the fortress has great potential. There is a roof terrace with panoramic views, spacious rooms and plenty of free space. The visit must be pre-booked on the website of the association. The spring opening of the magnificent Nymph Garden, the Giardino di Ninfa, the natural monument of the Lazio region since 2000 and the oasis of the World Wide Fund for Nature, will take place on Easter, March 27 and 28.
The name of the garden, located in the municipality of Chisterna di Latina, refers to the Roman Nymphs Nayadas, the goddesses of spring water. This territory from the eighth century AD was donated by Emperor Constantine Pope Zechariah; here, on the road between Rome and the southern part of the Appian Way, the fortress of Ninfa was built near other Pyrenean famous castles.
After the eleventh century, Ninfa (or Nymph) became a real city and was associated with several families that ruled the territories for many centuries: Tuscolo, Frangipani and Kaetani. Pietro II Caetani, Pope Boniface VIII's nephew, ordered the expansion of Ninfa Castle, adding walls and erecting a tower. The castle was destroyed in 1382 by the will of Onorato Caetani, who supported Pope Clement VII and opposed Urban VI.
The city and fortress were never rebuilt and were buried under thick ivy branches. In the sixteenth century, Cardinal Nicola III Caetani, a lover of botany, decided to create a garden on the site of the ruined town and commissioned the design to Francesco da Volterra. But after the death of Cardinal, the garden was abandoned again. Only at the end of the nineteenth century, Onorato Kaetani’s wife, Ada Wilbraham Bootle, decided to revive the Nymph Garden: Kaetani took care of draining the swamps and ordered new trees, plants and flowers to be planted in the garden, and also to restore the ruins, including the baron’s palace, which became a family holiday home and currently is the headquarters of the Roffredo Caetani Foundation. Today the Nymph Garden is a blooming oasis where a huge number of plant species grows - from cherry trees to an endless variety of species of exquisite roses. The mild climate of the area allows the cultivation of tropical plants such as avocados, South American gunners and banana trees. Plant species planted in the garden provide shelter to many species of animals and, in particular, more than 100 species of birds.